As a Design Engineer you will own all aspects of hardware design from concept to product realization while working closely with a fast-paced, agile team.
- Own all aspects of hardware design from concept to product realization
- Generate detailed CAD models and manufacturing drawings
- Ensure each design meets intent
- Work with the team and external sources to procure materials, fabricate parts, and complete assemblies.
- Resolve technical issues with innovative and resourceful solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Proficiency in CAD software with ability to learn new tools
- Capable of performing structural and thermal analysis in support of design
- Familiarity with a wide set of manufacturing processes such as machining, additive, welding, forming, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in conceptual design, fabrication and testing of hardware
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in high performance, cost and mass optimized hardware design
- Prior experience in liquid rocket propulsion development and/or testing
- Experience with Siemens NX
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to travel as needed