As a Propulsion Analyst you will be responsible for performing fluid, thermal and structural analysis of propulsion components and systems while working closely with a fast-paced, agile team that strives to make a high performance in-space propulsion system from a clean sheet design.
- Perform fluid, thermal and structural analysis of propulsion components and systems
- Apply a broad skill and tool set to determine system requirements and analyze new designs
- Follow each design through verification testing and validate analytical models with test results
- Use analysis to improve and optimize each design while ensuring that it meets intent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Proficiency in basic principles of fluids, thermodynamics, heat transfer, mechanics and materials
- 3+ years of experience in fluid, thermal and/or structural analysis
- Experience with analysis tools such as Fluent, ANSYS, SINDA/FLUINT, etc
- Proficient with analysis programming such as MATLAB, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and ownership of component or system analyses through the hardware validation process
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Prior experience in liquid rocket propulsion development and/or testing
Flexible schedule and willing to travel to remote site for testing as neededAble to provide legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States, which applies to the U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens alike. [Impulse Space does not currently sponsor H1-B visa petitions.]