As a Propulsion Analyst you will be responsible for performing fluid, thermal and structural analysis of propulsion components and systems while working closely with a fast-paced, agile team that strives to make a high-performance spacecraft from a clean sheet design.
- Perform fluid, thermal, and structural analysis of propulsion components and systems
- Apply a broad skill and tool set to determine system requirements and analyze new designs
- Follow each design through verification testing and validate analytical models with test results
- Use analysis to improve and optimize each design while ensuring that it meets intent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Proficiency in basic principles of fluids, thermodynamics, heat transfer, mechanics and materials
- 3+ years of experience in fluid, thermal and/or structural analysis
- Experience with analysis tools such as Fluent, ANSYS, SINDA/FLUINT, etc.
- Proficient with analysis programming such as MATLAB, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and ownership of component or system analyses through the hardware validation process
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Prior experience in liquid rocket propulsion development and/or testing
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to travel as needed