As a Senior Designer you will own all aspects of hardware design from concept to product realization while working closely with a fast-paced, agile team that strives to make a high performance in-space propulsion system from a clean sheet design.
- Own all aspects of hardware design from concept to product realization.
- Generate detailed CAD models and manufacturing drawings
- Ensure each design meets intent
- Work with the team and external sources to procure materials, fabricate parts, and complete assemblies.
- Resolve technical issues with innovative and scrappy solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Proficiency in CAD software with ability to learn new tools
- Capable of performing structural and thermal analysis in support of design
- Familiarity with a wide set of manufacturing processes such as machining, additive, welding, forming, etc
- Demonstrated ability in conceptual design, fabrication and testing of hardware
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in high performance, cost and mass optimized hardware design
- Prior experience in liquid rocket propulsion development and/or testing
Flexible scheduleAble to provide legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States, which applies to the U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens alike. [Impulse Space does not currently sponsor H1-B visa petitions.]